Horton Kirby Church of England Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Our Safeguarding Team
The Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL): Mr G Pollard, firstname.lastname@example.org
Other DSL-trained staff are:
- Mr P Sexton (Deputy Headteacher and Year 5 Teacher)
- Miss B Harper (SENDco and Year 4 Teacher)
- Mr B Millbank (KS2 Lead and Year 6 Teacher)
- Mrs G Philpott (EYFS Lead and Teacher)
- Mrs J Holden (KS1 Lead)
Horton Kirby CofE Primary School is a community and all those directly connected (staff, volunteers, governors, parents, carers, families and pupils) have an essential role to play in making it safe and secure.
Horton Kirby CofE Primary School recognises our statutory responsibility to safeguard and promote the welfare of all children. Horton Kirby CE Primary School recognises the importance of providing an ethos and environment within the school that will help children to be safe and feel safe. In our school, children are respected and encouraged to talk openly.
The school aims to ensure that:
- Appropriate action is taken in a timely manner to safeguard and promote children’s welfare.
- All staff are aware of their statutory responsibilities with respect to safeguarding.
- Staff are properly trained in recognising and reporting safeguarding issues.
If you would like further information, please read our Parent Pamphlet for The Prevent Strategy or the Statutory Guidance for Preventing Dirty Guidance here.